Delicious Vegan Pizza with Microgreens
Makes 1 large 12 inch pizza or 2 smaller pizzas
1 ⅓ cup whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dried basil
½ cup non-dairy milk, unsweetened (or water)
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 litre jar of pizza sauce or tomato sauce
3 cups non-dairy cheese, shredded or cubed
Any other toppings you prefer
1/3 cup red radish microgreens
1/3 cup sunflower microgreens
1/3 cup broccoli microgreens
1. Preheat your oven to 425 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat flour, baking powder, salt and dried basil. Then add the non-dairy milk (or water) and the oil and stir until the dough forms.
3. Knead the dough for about 15 times and then form it into a ball. Cover the dough with a tea towel. Let the dough sit for about 15 minutes (allowing it to rise).
4. Lay out a large piece of parchment paper. Place the dough on the parchment paper and using a rolling pin, roll the dough out into a 12 inch circle or divide the dough into halves for 2 smaller pizzas.
5. Poke a few holes into the dough with a fork to let out the air. Bake to dough on it on its own for about 7 minutes.
6. Take the dough out of the oven and cover with the toppings of your choice. Add the microgreen toppings last.
7. Place entire pizza with the toppings back into the oven and bake for about 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted or the dough is baked the way you like it. NOTE: The thicker your pizza crust, the longer it will take for the pizza to bake.